CRIMINAL JUSTICE DEGREE IN ALABAMA
Concentrations are available in homeland security and computer forensic investigation.
Homeland Security: Border security and intelligence, terrorism prevention and analysis, emergency and disaster planning—prepare for work protecting our nation from all kinds of natural and man-made threats.
Computer Forensic Investigation: Prepare for a cybersecurity career by studying computer crime, computer forensics, ethical hacking, computer crime scene investigation and criminal intelligence analysis.
Alabama is nicknamed the Yellowhammer State, after the state bird. Alabama is also known as the “Heart of Dixie” and the “Cotton State”. The state tree is the longleaf pine, and the state flower is the camellia. Alabama’s capital is Montgomery. The largest city by population is Birmingham, which has long been the most industrialized city; the largest city by land area is Huntsville. The oldest city is Mobile, founded by French colonists in 1702 as the capital of French Louisiana. Greater Birmingham is Alabama’s largest urban economy, its most populous urban area, and its economic center.
Criminial Justice Education in Alabama | Criminial Justice Degree in Alabama
CRIMINAL JUSTICE OUTCOMES
After successfully completing your criminal justice degree classes, you will be able to:
- Explain the various causes of crime using criminal justice theories, practices and processes to a multicultural population
- Compare and contrast historical and contemporary police functions, issues and responses to crime
- Describe the nature and function of corrections, its services, practices and institutions
- Analyze relevant criminal law and procedures as they relate to the administration of justice
- Differentiate between adult and juvenile procedures throughout the criminal justice system
- Apply the concepts of professionalism, ethical behavior and social responsibility to make decisions as a criminal justice professional
- Evaluate the three components of the criminal justice system
CORE PROFESSIONAL COMPETENCIES
Grantham University prepares graduates to succeed in a variety of professional and civic settings by incorporating these six critical life skills into the curriculum:
- Communication– Formulating and expressing thoughts and ideas effectively using oral, written and non-verbal communication skills in person, in writing and in a digital world.
- Distributed Collaboration– Working effectively across distributed locations and asynchronously to achieve a common goal through relationship-building, shared responsibility, empathy and respect.
- Professional and Social Responsibilities– Engaging in social responsibility through seeking justice, valuing diversity, respecting the environment; demonstrating professionalism through integrity, mutual accountability and ethical behavior. This includes considering the social and global impact of individual and organizational decisions and an awareness of and adherence to regulations, professional standards and industry best practices.
- Critical thinking/problem solving– Using analytical reasoning when gathering and evaluating relevant information to effectively formulate possible solutions for an issue, problem or a variety of issues. This includes the ability to recognize potential consequences of a decision.
- Career Management– Identifying knowledge, skills, abilities and personal strengths and experiences necessary to pursue career goals. Recognizing areas for professional growth, how to navigate and explore job options and to self-advocate for opportunities in the workplace.
- Data Aptitude– Developing information literacy and the capacity to manage data with subsequent finding, structuring, evaluating and interpreting in order to provide meaningful analysis to accomplish a specific purpose.
criminal justice degree in alabama,criminal justice degree jobs in alabama,jobs in alabama with criminal justice degree,what jobs criminal justice degree in alabama,criminal justice degree online in alabama,criminal justice degree bachelor in alabama,careers with criminal justice degree in alabama,Alabama criminal justice degree careers,criminal justice degree masters in alabama,what is criminal justice degree in alabama,careers for criminal justice degree in alabama,criminal justice degree schools in alabama,schools with criminal justice degree in alabama,2 year criminal justice degree jobs,criminal justice degree salary in alabama,salary for criminal justice degree in alabama,criminal justice degree online fast in alabama,criminal justice degree types in alabama,criminal justice degree near me,criminal justice degree requirements in alabama,requirements for criminal justice degree,criminal justice degree jobs near me,criminal justice degree colleges in alabama,criminal justice degree online cheap in alabama,criminal justice degree how long,is criminal justice degree worth it in alabama,how to get criminal justice degree in alabama,how long criminal justice degree,criminal justice degree programs in alabama,what can a criminal justice degree get you in alabama,100 online criminal justice degree,criminal justice degree plan in alabama,what a criminal justice degree can get you in alabama,classes for criminal justice degree,criminal justice degree classes,criminal justice degree entry level jobs in alabama,cost of criminal justice degree in alabama,criminal justice degree cost in alabama