PATRIOT EDUCATION PORTAL
Military tuition assistance covers college costs for active duty troops, and the generous Post-9/11 GI Bill is there for vets. Together, they can help you earn a degree without piling up tens or hundreds of thousands of dollars in student loan debt, as your civilian counterparts often do.
So how do you make the most of these benefits? The first step is picking the right school. Feel free to use our Online College Tool as your first step.
About GI Bill Benefits
GI Bill benefits help you pay for college, graduate school, and training programs. Since 1944, the GI Bill has helped qualifying Veterans and their family members get money to cover all or some of the costs for school or training. Learn more about GI Bill benefits below—and how to apply for them.
The GI Bill Comparison Tool and Veterans Service Organizations can help you explore options and find out what benefits you can get. Find a Veterans service organization.
Study Anywhere, Anytime!
Prepare for and pass a CLEP or DSST exam and get the credit you need with SpeedyPrep! CLEP & DSST offers you the opportunity to earn college credit for what you already know by taking a college subject exams. Because the exams are funded by DANTES, you could save hundreds or even thousands of dollars towards your degree.
- Fully-Funded: Test centers may be located on-base or on-campus and agree to waive the registration fee for DANTES-funded examinees. Administration and examination fees are paid by DANTES.
- Potential savings per course = $1,713.38: Average cost of one 3-hour college course: $1,783.38* vs $70 for SpeedyPrep *.
- No impact on your GPA: Test out of courses that might negatively impact your GPA.
- SpeedyPrep was designed with one idea in mind: to offer CLEP & DSST preparation material that truly prepares a subscriber to pass their exam. We also wanted to keep our prices reasonable and membership flexible for our subscribers to keep their education costs down.
- SpeedyPrep devised a ‘fill in the blank’ flashcard question format and added question explanations and short videos to expand the user’s knowledge of a flashcard question. Each of our 24 courses cover the broad range of facts, concepts, vocabulary, and processes a user needs to learn to pass their exam.
Test for FREE: The exams are funded by DANTES ($100 savings)
Complete 3 hours of credit: **For as little as $70
Online Flashcard Format: Based on mastery learning technique
Videos: Make learning fun
No Textbook Required: Study anywhere, anytime
Access to All 24 Courses: For less than $30 a month
Money-Back Guarantee: When your progress bar reaches 90%