CRIMINAL JUSTICE DEGREE IN CALIFORNIA
Concentrations are available in homeland security and computer forensic investigation.
Homeland Security: Border security and intelligence, terrorism prevention and analysis, emergency and disaster planning—prepare for work protecting our nation from all kinds of natural and man-made threats.
Computer Forensic Investigation: Prepare for a cybersecurity career by studying computer crime, computer forensics, ethical hacking, computer crime scene investigation and criminal intelligence analysis.
California’s economy, with a gross state product of $3.0 trillion, is the largest sub-national economy in the world. If it were a country, California would be the fifth-largest economy in the world (larger than the United Kingdom, France, or India), and the 37th-most populous as of 2020. The Greater Los Angeles Area and the San Francisco Bay Area are the nation’s second- and third-largest urban economies ($1.3 trillion and $1.0 trillion respectively as of 2020), after the New York metropolitan area ($2.0 trillion). The San Francisco Bay Area PSA had the nation’s highest gross domestic product per capita in 2018 ($106,757) among large primary statistical areas, and is home to four of the world’s ten largest companies by market capitalization and four of the world’s ten richest people.
Criminal Justice Education in CALIFORNIA | Criminal Justice Degree in CALIFORNIA
CRIMINAL JUSTICE OUTCOMES
After successfully completing your criminal justice degree classes, you will be able to:
- Explain the various causes of crime using criminal justice theories, practices and processes to a multicultural population
- Compare and contrast historical and contemporary police functions, issues and responses to crime
- Describe the nature and function of corrections, its services, practices and institutions
- Analyze relevant criminal law and procedures as they relate to the administration of justice
- Differentiate between adult and juvenile procedures throughout the criminal justice system
- Apply the concepts of professionalism, ethical behavior and social responsibility to make decisions as a criminal justice professional
- Evaluate the three components of the criminal justice system
CORE PROFESSIONAL COMPETENCIES
Grantham University prepares graduates to succeed in a variety of professional and civic settings by incorporating these six critical life skills into the curriculum:
- Communication– Formulating and expressing thoughts and ideas effectively using oral, written and non-verbal communication skills in person, in writing and in a digital world.
- Distributed Collaboration– Working effectively across distributed locations and asynchronously to achieve a common goal through relationship-building, shared responsibility, empathy and respect.
- Professional and Social Responsibilities– Engaging in social responsibility through seeking justice, valuing diversity, respecting the environment; demonstrating professionalism through integrity, mutual accountability and ethical behavior. This includes considering the social and global impact of individual and organizational decisions and an awareness of and adherence to regulations, professional standards and industry best practices.
- Critical thinking/problem solving– Using analytical reasoning when gathering and evaluating relevant information to effectively formulate possible solutions for an issue, problem or a variety of issues. This includes the ability to recognize potential consequences of a decision.
- Career Management– Identifying knowledge, skills, abilities and personal strengths and experiences necessary to pursue career goals. Recognizing areas for professional growth, how to navigate and explore job options and to self-advocate for opportunities in the workplace.
- Data Aptitude– Developing information literacy and the capacity to manage data with subsequent finding, structuring, evaluating and interpreting in order to provide meaningful analysis to accomplish a specific purpose.
criminal justice degree in California,criminal justice degree jobs in California,jobs in California with criminal justice degree,what jobs criminal justice degree in California,criminal justice degree online in California,criminal justice degree bachelor in California,careers with criminal justice degree in California,California criminal justice degree careers,criminal justice degree masters in California,what is criminal justice degree in California,careers for criminal justice degree in California,criminal justice degree schools in California,schools with criminal justice degree in California,2 year criminal justice degree jobs,criminal justice degree salary in California,salary for criminal justice degree in California,criminal justice degree online fast in California,criminal justice degree types in California,criminal justice degree near me,criminal justice degree requirements in California,requirements for criminal justice degree,criminal justice degree jobs near me,criminal justice degree colleges in California,criminal justice degree online cheap in California,criminal justice degree how long,is criminal justice degree worth it in California,how to get criminal justice degree in California,how long criminal justice degree,criminal justice degree programs in California,what can a criminal justice degree get you in California,100 online criminal justice degree,criminal justice degree plan in California,what a criminal justice degree can get you in California,classes for criminal justice degree,criminal justice degree classes,criminal justice degree entry level jobs in California,cost of criminal justice degree in California,criminal justice degree cost in California