CRIMINAL JUSTICE DEGREE IN COLORADO
Concentrations are available in homeland security and computer forensic investigation.
Homeland Security: Border security and intelligence, terrorism prevention and analysis, emergency and disaster planning—prepare for work protecting our nation from all kinds of natural and man-made threats.
Computer Forensic Investigation: Prepare for a cybersecurity career by studying computer crime, computer forensics, ethical hacking, computer crime scene investigation and criminal intelligence analysis.
Colorado is bordered by Wyoming to the north, Nebraska to the northeast, Kansas to the east, Oklahoma to the southeast, New Mexico to the south, Utah to the west, and touches Arizona to the southwest at the Four Corners. Colorado is noted for its vivid landscape of mountains, forests, high plains, mesas, canyons, plateaus, rivers and desert lands. Colorado is part of the western and southwestern United States and is one of the Mountain States.
Criminal Justice Education in COLORADO | Criminal Justice Degree in COLORADO
CRIMINAL JUSTICE OUTCOMES
After successfully completing your criminal justice degree classes, you will be able to:
- Explain the various causes of crime using criminal justice theories, practices and processes to a multicultural population
- Compare and contrast historical and contemporary police functions, issues and responses to crime
- Describe the nature and function of corrections, its services, practices and institutions
- Analyze relevant criminal law and procedures as they relate to the administration of justice
- Differentiate between adult and juvenile procedures throughout the criminal justice system
- Apply the concepts of professionalism, ethical behavior and social responsibility to make decisions as a criminal justice professional
- Evaluate the three components of the criminal justice system
CORE PROFESSIONAL COMPETENCIES
Grantham University prepares graduates to succeed in a variety of professional and civic settings by incorporating these six critical life skills into the curriculum:
- Communication– Formulating and expressing thoughts and ideas effectively using oral, written and non-verbal communication skills in person, in writing and in a digital world.
- Distributed Collaboration– Working effectively across distributed locations and asynchronously to achieve a common goal through relationship-building, shared responsibility, empathy and respect.
- Professional and Social Responsibilities– Engaging in social responsibility through seeking justice, valuing diversity, respecting the environment; demonstrating professionalism through integrity, mutual accountability and ethical behavior. This includes considering the social and global impact of individual and organizational decisions and an awareness of and adherence to regulations, professional standards and industry best practices.
- Critical thinking/problem solving– Using analytical reasoning when gathering and evaluating relevant information to effectively formulate possible solutions for an issue, problem or a variety of issues. This includes the ability to recognize potential consequences of a decision.
- Career Management– Identifying knowledge, skills, abilities and personal strengths and experiences necessary to pursue career goals. Recognizing areas for professional growth, how to navigate and explore job options and to self-advocate for opportunities in the workplace.
- Data Aptitude– Developing information literacy and the capacity to manage data with subsequent finding, structuring, evaluating and interpreting in order to provide meaningful analysis to accomplish a specific purpose.
criminal justice degree in Colorado,criminal justice degree jobs in Colorado,jobs in Colorado with criminal justice degree,what jobs criminal justice degree in Colorado,criminal justice degree online in Colorado,criminal justice degree bachelor in Colorado,careers with criminal justice degree in Colorado,Colorado criminal justice degree careers,criminal justice degree masters in Colorado,what is criminal justice degree in Colorado,careers for criminal justice degree in Colorado,criminal justice degree schools in Colorado,schools with criminal justice degree in Colorado,2 year criminal justice degree jobs,criminal justice degree salary in Colorado,salary for criminal justice degree in Colorado,criminal justice degree online fast in Colorado,criminal justice degree types in Colorado,criminal justice degree near me,criminal justice degree requirements in Colorado,requirements for criminal justice degree,criminal justice degree jobs near me,criminal justice degree colleges in Colorado,criminal justice degree online cheap in Colorado,criminal justice degree how long,is criminal justice degree worth it in Colorado,how to get criminal justice degree in Colorado,how long criminal justice degree,criminal justice degree programs in Colorado,what can a criminal justice degree get you in Colorado,100 online criminal justice degree,criminal justice degree plan in Colorado,what a criminal justice degree can get you in Colorado,classes for criminal justice degree,criminal justice degree classes,criminal justice degree entry level jobs in Colorado,cost of criminal justice degree in Colorado,criminal justice degree cost in Colorado