CRIMINAL JUSTICE DEGREE IN HAWAII
Concentrations are available in homeland security and computer forensic investigation.
Homeland Security: Border security and intelligence, terrorism prevention and analysis, emergency and disaster planning—prepare for work protecting our nation from all kinds of natural and man-made threats.
Computer Forensic Investigation: Prepare for a cybersecurity career by studying computer crime, computer forensics, ethical hacking, computer crime scene investigation and criminal intelligence analysis.
The state encompasses nearly the entire Hawaiian archipelago, 137 islands spread over 1,500 miles (2,400 km). The volcanic archipelago is physiographically and ethnologically part of the Polynesian subregion of Oceania. At the southeastern end of the archipelago, the eight main islands are, in order from northwest to southeast: Niʻihau, Kauaʻi, Oʻahu, Molokaʻi, Lānaʻi, Kahoʻolawe, Maui, and Hawaiʻi. The last is the largest island in the group; it is often called the “Big Island” or “Hawaiʻi Island” to avoid confusion with the state or archipelago.
Criminal Justice Education in Hawaii | Criminal Justice Degree in Hawaii
CRIMINAL JUSTICE OUTCOMES
After successfully completing your criminal justice degree classes, you will be able to:
- Explain the various causes of crime using criminal justice theories, practices and processes to a multicultural population
- Compare and contrast historical and contemporary police functions, issues and responses to crime
- Describe the nature and function of corrections, its services, practices and institutions
- Analyze relevant criminal law and procedures as they relate to the administration of justice
- Differentiate between adult and juvenile procedures throughout the criminal justice system
- Apply the concepts of professionalism, ethical behavior and social responsibility to make decisions as a criminal justice professional
- Evaluate the three components of the criminal justice system
CORE PROFESSIONAL COMPETENCIES
- Communication– Formulating and expressing thoughts and ideas effectively using oral, written and non-verbal communication skills in person, in writing and in a digital world.
- Distributed Collaboration– Working effectively across distributed locations and asynchronously to achieve a common goal through relationship-building, shared responsibility, empathy and respect.
- Professional and Social Responsibilities– Engaging in social responsibility through seeking justice, valuing diversity, respecting the environment; demonstrating professionalism through integrity, mutual accountability and ethical behavior. This includes considering the social and global impact of individual and organizational decisions and an awareness of and adherence to regulations, professional standards and industry best practices.
- Critical thinking/problem solving– Using analytical reasoning when gathering and evaluating relevant information to effectively formulate possible solutions for an issue, problem or a variety of issues. This includes the ability to recognize potential consequences of a decision.
- Career Management– Identifying knowledge, skills, abilities and personal strengths and experiences necessary to pursue career goals. Recognizing areas for professional growth, how to navigate and explore job options and to self-advocate for opportunities in the workplace.
- Data Aptitude– Developing information literacy and the capacity to manage data with subsequent finding, structuring, evaluating and interpreting in order to provide meaningful analysis to accomplish a specific purpose.
criminal justice degree in Hawaii,criminal justice degree jobs in Hawaii,jobs in Hawaii with criminal justice degree,what jobs criminal justice degree in Hawaii,criminal justice degree online in Hawaii,criminal justice degree bachelor in Hawaii,careers with criminal justice degree in Hawaii,Hawaii criminal justice degree careers,criminal justice degree masters in Hawaii,what is criminal justice degree in Hawaii,careers for criminal justice degree in Hawaii,criminal justice degree schools in Hawaii,schools with criminal justice degree in Hawaii,2 year criminal justice degree jobs,criminal justice degree salary in Hawaii,salary for criminal justice degree in Hawaii,criminal justice degree online fast in Hawaii,criminal justice degree types in Hawaii,criminal justice degree near me,criminal justice degree requirements in Hawaii,requirements for criminal justice degree,criminal justice degree jobs near me,criminal justice degree colleges in Hawaii,criminal justice degree online cheap in Hawaii,criminal justice degree how long,is criminal justice degree worth it in Hawaii,how to get criminal justice degree in Hawaii,how long criminal justice degree,criminal justice degree programs in Hawaii,what can a criminal justice degree get you in Hawaii,100 online criminal justice degree,criminal justice degree plan in Hawaii,what a criminal justice degree can get you in Hawaii,classes for criminal justice degree,criminal justice degree classes,criminal justice degree entry level jobs in Hawaii,cost of criminal justice degree in Hawaii,criminal justice degree cost in Hawaii