CRIMINAL JUSTICE DEGREE IN MICHIGAN
Concentrations are available in homeland security and computer forensic investigation.
Homeland Security: Border security and intelligence, terrorism prevention and analysis, emergency and disaster planning—prepare for work protecting our nation from all kinds of natural and man-made threats.
Computer Forensic Investigation: Prepare for a cybersecurity career by studying computer crime, computer forensics, ethical hacking, computer crime scene investigation and criminal intelligence analysis.
Michigan is the only state to consist of two peninsulas. The Lower Peninsula is often noted as being shaped like a mitten. The Upper Peninsula (often called “the U.P.”) is separated from the Lower Peninsula by the Straits of Mackinac, a five-mile (8 km) channel that joins Lake Huron to Lake Michigan. The Mackinac Bridge connects the peninsulas. The state has the longest freshwater coastline of any political subdivision in the world, being bounded by four of the five Great Lakes, plus Lake Saint Clair. As a result, it is one of the leading U.S. states for recreational boating. Michigan also has 64,980 inland lakes and ponds. A person in the state is never more than six miles (9.7 km) from a natural water source or more than 85 miles (137 km) from a Great Lakes shoreline.
State of Michigan website: https://var/web/site/public_html.michigan.gov/
Criminal Justice Education in Michigan | Criminal Justice Degree in Michigan
CRIMINAL JUSTICE OUTCOMES
After successfully completing your criminal justice degree classes, you will be able to:
- Explain the various causes of crime using criminal justice theories, practices and processes to a multicultural population
- Compare and contrast historical and contemporary police functions, issues and responses to crime
- Describe the nature and function of corrections, its services, practices and institutions
- Analyze relevant criminal law and procedures as they relate to the administration of justice
- Differentiate between adult and juvenile procedures throughout the criminal justice system
- Apply the concepts of professionalism, ethical behavior and social responsibility to make decisions as a criminal justice professional
- Evaluate the three components of the criminal justice system
CORE PROFESSIONAL COMPETENCIES
- Communication– Formulating and expressing thoughts and ideas effectively using oral, written and non-verbal communication skills in person, in writing and in a digital world.
- Distributed Collaboration– Working effectively across distributed locations and asynchronously to achieve a common goal through relationship-building, shared responsibility, empathy and respect.
- Professional and Social Responsibilities– Engaging in social responsibility through seeking justice, valuing diversity, respecting the environment; demonstrating professionalism through integrity, mutual accountability and ethical behavior. This includes considering the social and global impact of individual and organizational decisions and an awareness of and adherence to regulations, professional standards and industry best practices.
- Critical thinking/problem solving– Using analytical reasoning when gathering and evaluating relevant information to effectively formulate possible solutions for an issue, problem or a variety of issues. This includes the ability to recognize potential consequences of a decision.
- Career Management– Identifying knowledge, skills, abilities and personal strengths and experiences necessary to pursue career goals. Recognizing areas for professional growth, how to navigate and explore job options and to self-advocate for opportunities in the workplace.
- Data Aptitude– Developing information literacy and the capacity to manage data with subsequent finding, structuring, evaluating and interpreting in order to provide meaningful analysis to accomplish a specific purpose.
criminal justice degree in Michigan,criminal justice degree jobs in Michigan,jobs in Michigan with criminal justice degree,what jobs criminal justice degree in Michigan,criminal justice degree online in Michigan,criminal justice degree bachelor in Michigan,careers with criminal justice degree in Michigan,Michigan criminal justice degree careers,criminal justice degree masters in Michigan,what is criminal justice degree in Michigan,careers for criminal justice degree in Michigan,criminal justice degree schools in Michigan,schools with criminal justice degree in Michigan,2 year criminal justice degree jobs,criminal justice degree salary in Michigan,salary for criminal justice degree in Michigan,criminal justice degree online fast in Michigan,criminal justice degree types in Michigan,criminal justice degree near me,criminal justice degree requirements in Michigan,requirements for criminal justice degree,criminal justice degree jobs near me,criminal justice degree colleges in Michigan,criminal justice degree online cheap in Michigan,criminal justice degree how long,is criminal justice degree worth it in Michigan,how to get criminal justice degree in Michigan,how long criminal justice degree,criminal justice degree programs in Michigan,what can a criminal justice degree get you in Michigan,100 online criminal justice degree,criminal justice degree plan in Michigan,what a criminal justice degree can get you in Michigan,classes for criminal justice degree,criminal justice degree classes,criminal justice degree entry level jobs in Michigan,cost of criminal justice degree in Michigan,criminal justice degree cost in Michigan