CRIMINAL JUSTICE DEGREE IN NEVADA
Concentrations are available in homeland security and computer forensic investigation.
Homeland Security: Border security and intelligence, terrorism prevention and analysis, emergency and disaster planning—prepare for work protecting our nation from all kinds of natural and man-made threats.
Computer Forensic Investigation: Prepare for a cybersecurity career by studying computer crime, computer forensics, ethical hacking, computer crime scene investigation and criminal intelligence analysis.
Nevada is officially known as the “Silver State” because of the importance of silver to its history and economy. It is also known as the “Battle Born State”, because it achieved statehood during the Civil War (the words “Battle Born” also appear on the state flag); as the “Sagebrush State”, for the native plant of the same name; and as the “Sage-hen State”.
Nevada is largely desert and semi-arid, much of it within the Great Basin. Areas south of the Great Basin are within the Mojave Desert, while Lake Tahoe and the Sierra Nevada lie on the western edge. About 86% of the state’s land is managed by various jurisdictions of the U.S. federal government, both civilian and military.
State of Nebraska website http://nevada.com/
Criminal Justice Education in Nevada | Criminal Justice Degree in Nevada
CRIMINAL JUSTICE OUTCOMES
After successfully completing your criminal justice degree classes, you will be able to:
- Explain the various causes of crime using criminal justice theories, practices and processes to a multicultural population
- Compare and contrast historical and contemporary police functions, issues and responses to crime
- Describe the nature and function of corrections, its services, practices and institutions
- Analyze relevant criminal law and procedures as they relate to the administration of justice
- Differentiate between adult and juvenile procedures throughout the criminal justice system
- Apply the concepts of professionalism, ethical behavior and social responsibility to make decisions as a criminal justice professional
- Evaluate the three components of the criminal justice system
CORE PROFESSIONAL COMPETENCIES
- Communication– Formulating and expressing thoughts and ideas effectively using oral, written and non-verbal communication skills in person, in writing and in a digital world.
- Distributed Collaboration– Working effectively across distributed locations and asynchronously to achieve a common goal through relationship-building, shared responsibility, empathy and respect.
- Professional and Social Responsibilities– Engaging in social responsibility through seeking justice, valuing diversity, respecting the environment; demonstrating professionalism through integrity, mutual accountability and ethical behavior. This includes considering the social and global impact of individual and organizational decisions and an awareness of and adherence to regulations, professional standards and industry best practices.
- Critical thinking/problem solving– Using analytical reasoning when gathering and evaluating relevant information to effectively formulate possible solutions for an issue, problem or a variety of issues. This includes the ability to recognize potential consequences of a decision.
- Career Management– Identifying knowledge, skills, abilities and personal strengths and experiences necessary to pursue career goals. Recognizing areas for professional growth, how to navigate and explore job options and to self-advocate for opportunities in the workplace.
- Data Aptitude– Developing information literacy and the capacity to manage data with subsequent finding, structuring, evaluating and interpreting in order to provide meaningful analysis to accomplish a specific purpose.
criminal justice degree in Nevada,criminal justice degree jobs in Nevada,jobs in Nevada with criminal justice degree,what jobs criminal justice degree in Nevada,criminal justice degree online in Nevada,criminal justice degree bachelor in Nevada,careers with criminal justice degree in Nevada,Nevada criminal justice degree careers,criminal justice degree masters in Nevada,what is criminal justice degree in Nevada,careers for criminal justice degree in Nevada,criminal justice degree schools in Nevada,schools with criminal justice degree in Nevada,2 year criminal justice degree jobs,criminal justice degree salary in Nevada,salary for criminal justice degree in Nevada,criminal justice degree online fast in Nevada,criminal justice degree types in Nevada,criminal justice degree near me,criminal justice degree requirements in Nevada,requirements for criminal justice degree,criminal justice degree jobs near me,criminal justice degree colleges in Nevada,criminal justice degree online cheap in Nevada,criminal justice degree how long,is criminal justice degree worth it in Nevada,how to get criminal justice degree in Nevada,how long criminal justice degree,criminal justice degree programs in Nevada,what can a criminal justice degree get you in Nevada,100 online criminal justice degree,criminal justice degree plan in Nevada,what a criminal justice degree can get you in Nevada,classes for criminal justice degree,criminal justice degree classes,criminal justice degree entry level jobs in Nevada,cost of criminal justice degree in Nevada,criminal justice degree cost in Nevada