CRIMINAL JUSTICE DEGREE IN NEW YORK
Concentrations are available in homeland security and computer forensic investigation.
Homeland Security: Border security and intelligence, terrorism prevention and analysis, emergency and disaster planning—prepare for work protecting our nation from all kinds of natural and man-made threats.
Computer Forensic Investigation: Prepare for a cybersecurity career by studying computer crime, computer forensics, ethical hacking, computer crime scene investigation and criminal intelligence analysis.
The state’s most populous city, New York City, makes up over 40% of the state’s population. Two-thirds of the state’s population lives in the New York metropolitan area, and nearly 40% lives on Long Island. The state and city were both named for the 17th century Duke of York, the future King James II of England. With an estimated population of 8.62 million in 2017, New York City is the most populous city in the United States and the premier gateway for legal immigration to the United States. The New York metropolitan area is one of the most populous in the world. New York City is a global city, home to the United Nations Headquarters, and has been described as the cultural, financial, and media capital of the world, as well as the world’s most economically powerful city. The next four most populous cities in the state are Buffalo, Rochester, Yonkers, and Syracuse, while the state capital is Albany.
Criminal Justice Education in New York | Criminal Justice Degree in New York
CRIMINAL JUSTICE OUTCOMES
After successfully completing your criminal justice degree classes, you will be able to:
- Explain the various causes of crime using criminal justice theories, practices and processes to a multicultural population
- Compare and contrast historical and contemporary police functions, issues and responses to crime
- Describe the nature and function of corrections, its services, practices and institutions
- Analyze relevant criminal law and procedures as they relate to the administration of justice
- Differentiate between adult and juvenile procedures throughout the criminal justice system
- Apply the concepts of professionalism, ethical behavior and social responsibility to make decisions as a criminal justice professional
- Evaluate the three components of the criminal justice system
CORE PROFESSIONAL COMPETENCIES
- Communication– Formulating and expressing thoughts and ideas effectively using oral, written and non-verbal communication skills in person, in writing and in a digital world.
- Distributed Collaboration– Working effectively across distributed locations and asynchronously to achieve a common goal through relationship-building, shared responsibility, empathy and respect.
- Professional and Social Responsibilities– Engaging in social responsibility through seeking justice, valuing diversity, respecting the environment; demonstrating professionalism through integrity, mutual accountability and ethical behavior. This includes considering the social and global impact of individual and organizational decisions and an awareness of and adherence to regulations, professional standards and industry best practices.
- Critical thinking/problem solving– Using analytical reasoning when gathering and evaluating relevant information to effectively formulate possible solutions for an issue, problem or a variety of issues. This includes the ability to recognize potential consequences of a decision.
- Career Management– Identifying knowledge, skills, abilities and personal strengths and experiences necessary to pursue career goals. Recognizing areas for professional growth, how to navigate and explore job options and to self-advocate for opportunities in the workplace.
- Data Aptitude– Developing information literacy and the capacity to manage data with subsequent finding, structuring, evaluating and interpreting in order to provide meaningful analysis to accomplish a specific purpose.
criminal justice degree in New York,criminal justice degree jobs in New York,jobs in New York with criminal justice degree,what jobs criminal justice degree in New York,criminal justice degree online in New York,criminal justice degree bachelor in New York,careers with criminal justice degree in New York,New York criminal justice degree careers,criminal justice degree masters in New York,what is criminal justice degree in New York,careers for criminal justice degree in New York,criminal justice degree schools in New York,schools with criminal justice degree in New York,2 year criminal justice degree jobs,criminal justice degree salary in New York,salary for criminal justice degree in New York,criminal justice degree online fast in New York,criminal justice degree types in New York,criminal justice degree near me,criminal justice degree requirements in New York,requirements for criminal justice degree,criminal justice degree jobs near me,criminal justice degree colleges in New York,criminal justice degree online cheap in New York,criminal justice degree how long,is criminal justice degree worth it in New York,how to get criminal justice degree in New York,how long criminal justice degree,criminal justice degree programs in New York,what can a criminal justice degree get you in New York,100 online criminal justice degree,criminal justice degree plan in New York,what a criminal justice degree can get you in New York,classes for criminal justice degree,criminal justice degree classes,criminal justice degree entry level jobs in New York,cost of criminal justice degree in New York,criminal justice degree cost in New York