CRIMINAL JUSTICE DEGREE IN OHIO
Concentrations are available in homeland security and computer forensic investigation.
Homeland Security: Border security and intelligence, terrorism prevention and analysis, emergency and disaster planning—prepare for work protecting our nation from all kinds of natural and man-made threats.
Computer Forensic Investigation: Prepare for a cybersecurity career by studying computer crime, computer forensics, ethical hacking, computer crime scene investigation and criminal intelligence analysis.
The state takes its name from the Ohio River, whose name in turn originated from the Seneca word ohiːyo’, meaning “good river”, “great river” or “large creek”. Partitioned from the Northwest Territory, Ohio was the 17th state admitted to the Union on March 1, 1803, and the first under the Northwest Ordinance. Ohio is historically known as the “Buckeye State” after its Ohio buckeye trees, and Ohioans are also known as “Buckeyes”.
Criminal Justice Education in Ohio | Criminal Justice Degree in Ohio
CRIMINAL JUSTICE OUTCOMES
After successfully completing your criminal justice degree classes, you will be able to:
- Explain the various causes of crime using criminal justice theories, practices and processes to a multicultural population
- Compare and contrast historical and contemporary police functions, issues and responses to crime
- Describe the nature and function of corrections, its services, practices and institutions
- Analyze relevant criminal law and procedures as they relate to the administration of justice
- Differentiate between adult and juvenile procedures throughout the criminal justice system
- Apply the concepts of professionalism, ethical behavior and social responsibility to make decisions as a criminal justice professional
- Evaluate the three components of the criminal justice system
CORE PROFESSIONAL COMPETENCIES
- Communication– Formulating and expressing thoughts and ideas effectively using oral, written and non-verbal communication skills in person, in writing and in a digital world.
- Distributed Collaboration– Working effectively across distributed locations and asynchronously to achieve a common goal through relationship-building, shared responsibility, empathy and respect.
- Professional and Social Responsibilities– Engaging in social responsibility through seeking justice, valuing diversity, respecting the environment; demonstrating professionalism through integrity, mutual accountability and ethical behavior. This includes considering the social and global impact of individual and organizational decisions and an awareness of and adherence to regulations, professional standards and industry best practices.
- Critical thinking/problem solving– Using analytical reasoning when gathering and evaluating relevant information to effectively formulate possible solutions for an issue, problem or a variety of issues. This includes the ability to recognize potential consequences of a decision.
- Career Management– Identifying knowledge, skills, abilities and personal strengths and experiences necessary to pursue career goals. Recognizing areas for professional growth, how to navigate and explore job options and to self-advocate for opportunities in the workplace.
- Data Aptitude– Developing information literacy and the capacity to manage data with subsequent finding, structuring, evaluating and interpreting in order to provide meaningful analysis to accomplish a specific purpose.
criminal justice degree in Ohio,criminal justice degree jobs in Ohio,jobs in Ohio with criminal justice degree,what jobs criminal justice degree in Ohio,criminal justice degree online in Ohio,criminal justice degree bachelor in Ohio,careers with criminal justice degree in Ohio,Ohio criminal justice degree careers,criminal justice degree masters in Ohio,what is criminal justice degree in Ohio,careers for criminal justice degree in Ohio,criminal justice degree schools in Ohio,schools with criminal justice degree in Ohio,2 year criminal justice degree jobs,criminal justice degree salary in Ohio,salary for criminal justice degree in Ohio,criminal justice degree online fast in Ohio,criminal justice degree types in Ohio,criminal justice degree near me,criminal justice degree requirements in Ohio,requirements for criminal justice degree,criminal justice degree jobs near me,criminal justice degree colleges in Ohio,criminal justice degree online cheap in Ohio,criminal justice degree how long,is criminal justice degree worth it in Ohio,how to get criminal justice degree in Ohio,how long criminal justice degree,criminal justice degree programs in Ohio,what can a criminal justice degree get you in Ohio,100 online criminal justice degree,criminal justice degree plan in Ohio,what a criminal justice degree can get you in Ohio,classes for criminal justice degree,criminal justice degree classes,criminal justice degree entry level jobs in Ohio,cost of criminal justice degree in Ohio,criminal justice degree cost in Ohio