CRIMINAL JUSTICE DEGREE IN RHODE ISLAND
Concentrations are available in homeland security and computer forensic investigation.
Homeland Security: Border security and intelligence, terrorism prevention and analysis, emergency and disaster planning—prepare for work protecting our nation from all kinds of natural and man-made threats.
Computer Forensic Investigation: Prepare for a cybersecurity career by studying computer crime, computer forensics, ethical hacking, computer crime scene investigation and criminal intelligence analysis.
On May 4, 1776, the Colony of Rhode Island was the first of the Thirteen Colonies to renounce its allegiance to the British Crown, and it was the fourth state to ratify the Articles of Confederation, doing so on February 9, 1778. The state boycotted the 1787 convention which drew up the United States Constitution and initially refused to ratify it; it was the last of the original 13 states to do so on May 29, 1790.
Rhode Island’s official nickname is “The Ocean State”, a reference to the large bays and inlets that amount to about 14 percent of its total area.
Criminal Justice Education in Rhode Island | Criminal Justice Degree in Rhode Island
CRIMINAL JUSTICE OUTCOMES
After successfully completing your criminal justice degree classes, you will be able to:
- Explain the various causes of crime using criminal justice theories, practices and processes to a multicultural population
- Compare and contrast historical and contemporary police functions, issues and responses to crime
- Describe the nature and function of corrections, its services, practices and institutions
- Analyze relevant criminal law and procedures as they relate to the administration of justice
- Differentiate between adult and juvenile procedures throughout the criminal justice system
- Apply the concepts of professionalism, ethical behavior and social responsibility to make decisions as a criminal justice professional
- Evaluate the three components of the criminal justice system
CORE PROFESSIONAL COMPETENCIES
- Communication– Formulating and expressing thoughts and ideas effectively using oral, written and non-verbal communication skills in person, in writing and in a digital world.
- Distributed Collaboration– Working effectively across distributed locations and asynchronously to achieve a common goal through relationship-building, shared responsibility, empathy and respect.
- Professional and Social Responsibilities– Engaging in social responsibility through seeking justice, valuing diversity, respecting the environment; demonstrating professionalism through integrity, mutual accountability and ethical behavior. This includes considering the social and global impact of individual and organizational decisions and an awareness of and adherence to regulations, professional standards and industry best practices.
- Critical thinking/problem solving– Using analytical reasoning when gathering and evaluating relevant information to effectively formulate possible solutions for an issue, problem or a variety of issues. This includes the ability to recognize potential consequences of a decision.
- Career Management– Identifying knowledge, skills, abilities and personal strengths and experiences necessary to pursue career goals. Recognizing areas for professional growth, how to navigate and explore job options and to self-advocate for opportunities in the workplace.
- Data Aptitude– Developing information literacy and the capacity to manage data with subsequent finding, structuring, evaluating and interpreting in order to provide meaningful analysis to accomplish a specific purpose.
criminal justice degree in Rhode Island,criminal justice degree jobs in Rhode Island,jobs in Rhode Island with criminal justice degree,what jobs criminal justice degree in Rhode Island,criminal justice degree online in Rhode Island,criminal justice degree bachelor in Rhode Island,careers with criminal justice degree in Rhode Island,Rhode Island criminal justice degree careers,criminal justice degree masters in Rhode Island,what is criminal justice degree in Rhode Island,careers for criminal justice degree in Rhode Island,criminal justice degree schools in Rhode Island,schools with criminal justice degree in Rhode Island,2 year criminal justice degree jobs,criminal justice degree salary in Rhode Island,salary for criminal justice degree in Rhode Island,criminal justice degree online fast in Rhode Island,criminal justice degree types in Rhode Island,criminal justice degree near me,criminal justice degree requirements in Rhode Island,requirements for criminal justice degree,criminal justice degree jobs near me,criminal justice degree colleges in Rhode Island,criminal justice degree online cheap in Rhode Island,criminal justice degree how long,is criminal justice degree worth it in Rhode Island,how to get criminal justice degree in Rhode Island,how long criminal justice degree,criminal justice degree programs in Rhode Island,what can a criminal justice degree get you in Rhode Island,100 online criminal justice degree,criminal justice degree plan in Rhode Island,what a criminal justice degree can get you in Rhode Island,classes for criminal justice degree,criminal justice degree classes,criminal justice degree entry level jobs in Rhode Island,cost of criminal justice degree in Rhode Island,criminal justice degree cost in Rhode Island