Headquarters: Delray Beach, FL
“It’s like Gmail for text messaging for your business.”
// THE POSITION //
// OUR CORE VALUES //
We’re a startup. Stuff will break and things will not work as you want them to. You will hit barriers and blocks keeping you from getting done what you said you’d do. You are the type of person that “come hell or high water” will figure it out. This is fun for you.
There’s a wealth of knowledge in books, articles, videos, courses, training events, and everywhere you look. Just Google it. If you can’t “figure it out” yourself, trust me, someone else already has for you. Be resourceful.
Seeing things for “how they truly are” gives us power. In fact, we have be real in order to survive and thrive. We have to speak truthfully and honestly because if we don’t things go unsaid, animosity stirs, and resentlment takes over. It’s debilitating for high performance teams to win. Speak truthfully and keep it real. Call it like it is. Provide solutions.
4. Customer First Mindset.
As we seek to constantly improve we realize that the best answers to many of the opportunities to grow, products to create, and partnerships to solidify come from our customers. Helping the customer achieve success is our ultimate goal and through that we find new ways to make our product and team better.
5. Be Flexible
The road is never straight and there will be twists and turns and bumps and stops. We all need to row in the same direction to work together and get things done. Don’t make it harder than it has to be. If it takes a few minutes, hook a brother up. Don’t battle. We win together, not apart.
// HOW WE WORK //
- I think it goes without saying, but “We Work Remotely” too.
- We have a real office in Delray Beach, FL (that we never go to now with COVID) two blocks from the beach. (And it’s really nice)
- Our team is spread across the USA, Europe, and Asia (Florida, Colorado, Wisconsin, Texas, Utah, California, Bosnia Herzegovina, and Belarus)
- We love planning & executing. So each year we get together for a retreat to work backwards to create our Annual Aim, Quarterly Rocks, Monthly Outcomes, Weekly Goals, and Daily Tasks. (It’s not perfect, but it’s good enough for now. You can help improve this too.)
- We love EOS. (it’s not blockchain) Google it. (and if I ask you and you know what it is > **bonus points**)
- Slack is the way we roll. Gifs are mandatory.
// THE ROLE //
- Helping customers and potential customers on LIVE Chat (we use Intercom)
- Figuring out the “problem” the customer is having with our software. (“My text didn’t get sent, what happened?”)
- Relaying bugs to our development team to get taken care of (we use Jira)
- Creating user stories around customers wants, needs, issues (Jira)
- Using Stripe to process payments, refunds, and all things billing
- Create systems for tracking bugs, feature requests, and better ways to improve our support process and channel
- Create, edit, and continuously update our knoweldge-base so our customers don’t have to bother you on how to do the simple things.
- Create videos and animated gif’s that show people how to DO things (people love walk-throughs)
- Host group & 1-on-1 demo’s, webinars, and trainings with leads and customers weekly and monthly
- Create surveys and google forms to gain feedback from current customers
- Reach out to “likely to churn” customers to help them get value from Salesmsg
- Engage with cancelling customers and design a system for tracking for later followup.
- Speak with customers on the phone, text message, live chat, email, and other channels to help them with whatever questions they have.
// WHAT’S THE TYPE OF PERSON THAT WILL BE SUCCESSFUL IN THIS ROLE? //
You like to figure out how and why things work. In other words, you’re a lover of product and have a burning need to understand the products nuances so you can speak intelligently about it rather than a word bumbler.
3. You Take Initiative.
You are the type that finds things that need improvement and you take action. Like I mentioned before, “you’ll be wearing lots of hats” so if you’re the type that’s waiting for me or someone else to tell you what to do, please don’t apply.
Like, you actually set goals and create a plan to achieve them. Not like a new years resolution that feels great for 27 hours then you quit. You set out to produce real results and outcomes that are tied to a big fat hairy audacious goal.
Aka: You get things done and you love the rush of accomplishment.
5. You Enjoy Working Remotely.
To succeed in this position, you’ve been working from home. With COVID and everything happening, you’ll need a quiet environment to get focused work done.
6. You’re Hungry To Grow.
It’s true. We’re a fast growing company, but if you’re not interesting in growing, then we can’t serve you. In this growth oriented role, you’ll have the opportunity to grow into a larger role to potentially lead a team. We want to help grow as much as you want the company to grow