Headquarters: Washington, DC
We’re looking for a Front-end Developer with a passion for programming and writing performant code. You will join a team of exceptional developers working in a fast-paced environment to deliver world-class software. You will be responsible for writing and refactoring code that ensures our core e-commerce functions such as order fulfillment, payment processing, user management, etc. are of the highest reliability and scalability standards.
We’re seeking an engineer who is ready to attack technical challenges as well as have an impactful role in product and company development. You’ll also help in designing features and building a culture of excellence. While we work independently, we support each other through frequent code and design reviews, daily stand-ups, and pair programming.
- Build highly performant interfaces and features using React, HTML, and CSS
- Collaborate with backend engineers to create and maintain clean, reusable, and secure code
- Drive and participate in code and document reviews, applying best practices
- Work closely with cross-functional teams of product managers and designers to create and execute on technical requirements
- Work to elevate team members and participate in a culture of learning and improvement
- Participate in development throughout the entire lifecycle, from concept to deployment
- 4+ years of professional experience developing UI for web applications
- Solid understanding of modern best practices in React
- Thorough HTML5 and CSS3 knowledge
- Experience writing unit & functional tests using frameworks such as Mocha, Jest/Enzyme
- Experience developing and optimizing a large production web application
- Experience with RESTful API interactions
- Extensive knowledge of Web technologies like HTTP, CDNs, and server-side cache techniques
- Experience with Git, automation tools and command-line style of work
- Excellent communication, organizational, and project management skills. Ability to work between teams and functions with high autonomy and little guidance.
Nice to haves:
- Experience with Ruby on Rails
- Experience with Redux/Thunk
- Good knowledge of relational databases, especially Postgresql
- Entrepreneurial / prior Start-Up experience
- Experience building consumer facing applications
This is a 100% remote position.
We’re a mission-driven bunch – motivated to both make great eating crazy simple, delicious and life-changing. We care a lot about health and wellness so we’re foodies and fitness fanatics who are passionate about growing our business. We try to reflect that mission in how we work:
- We are a distributed, remote team with team members all over the country. We live on Slack.
- We’re all about creating a culture of individuals that hold themselves to a very high standard and get great satisfaction from doing excellent work.
- We offer competitive compensation & benefits including health, dental & vision insurance and 401k. Benefits also include food and fitness reimbursement.
- We believe at our core that the most important thing for anyone is to do challenging work that you’re naturally drawn to with a team you dig in order to make a meaningful difference in the world.