Criminal Justice Degrees for Active Duty Military & Veterans
You could pursue a career in security, loss prevention or, depending on your experience, become a Shift Supervisor, Sergeant or higher as a member of a police force
CRIMINAL JUSTICE DEGREE OUTCOMES
After successfully completing your accredited online criminal justice degree program, you will be able to:
- Explain the various causes of crime using criminal justice theories, practices and process to a multicultural population
- Compare and contrast historical and contemporary police functions, issues and responses to crime
- Describe the nature and function of corrections, its services, practices and institutions
- Apply fundamental concepts of the administration of justice
CORE PROFESSIONAL COMPETENCIES
- Communication – Formulating and expressing thoughts and ideas effectively using oral, written and non-verbal communication skills in person, in writing and in a digital world.
- Distributed Collaboration – Working effectively across distributed locations and asynchronously to achieve a common goal through relationship-building, shared responsibility, empathy and respect.
- Professional and Social Responsibilities – Engaging in social responsibility through seeking justice, valuing diversity, respecting the environment; demonstrating professionalism through integrity, mutual accountability and ethical behavior. This includes considering the social and global impact of individual and organizational decisions and an awareness of and adherence to regulations, professional standards and industry best practices.
- Critical thinking/problem solving – Using analytical reasoning when gathering and evaluating relevant information to effectively formulate possible solutions for an issue, problem or a variety of issues. This includes the ability to recognize potential consequences of a decision.
- Career Management – Identifying knowledge, skills, abilities and personal strengths and experiences necessary to pursue career goals. Recognizing areas for professional growth, how to navigate and explore job options and to self-advocate for opportunities in the workplace.
- Data Aptitude – Developing information literacy and the capacity to manage data with subsequent finding, structuring, evaluating and interpreting in order to provide meaningful analysis to accomplish a specific purpose.
Corporate Security Manager | Director Security Management | Market Asset Protection Manager | Loss Prevention Manager Front-Line Supervisor (Police and Detectives)